Link to their website:
PhoneSheriff is a parental control app incorporating many valuable features. Just like Mobile Spy, NetOrbit and SniperSpy, the software is a product of Retina-X Studios, LLC – one of the leading companies in the spyware market. Not long ago, the company enhanced some features to improve the performance of PhoneSheriff. As a result, the app does no longer operate in a stealth mode and works only on jailbroken devices.
PhoneSheriff is compatible with Android (2.1 – 5.1.1) and iOS (3.1.3 – 9.0.2) based phones and tablets.
Since PhoneSheriff is marketed as a parental control app, it has several valuable features in this niche:
- Call logging
- Blocking certain phone numbers from texting/calling
- Accessing photos and contacts
- Reading SMS, emails, instant messenger chats
- Locking the target device for certain time periods, i.e. from 9 pm till 9 am
- Blocking websites and applications
- Sending out panic alerts, i.e. when a child approaches a dangerous area (geo-fencing)
The app offers a location tracking capability. However, to monitor someone in real-time, the targeted phone should be GPS-enabled. Also, a strong signal is essential.
Note that if your carrier is Verizon, you should make sure to subscribe to its GPS services. Otherwise, you won’t be able to monitor locations.
To contact the company, you can open a ticket and tell them about your questions. There is also a Live Chat, so you can get an immediate response, which is very convenient. However, there is no official address and contact phone, which may be important if you need a refund.
- PhoneSheriff offers a wide range of features for effective parental monitoring: geo-fencing, content filtering, blacklisting, call restriction, etc.
- The app is compatible with major brands of cells phones and tablets
- The app operates only on jailbroken devices
- There is no free trial nor a monthly package. The minimal subscription is 6 months
- PhoneSheriff does not operate in a stealth mode, which often irritates teens. They don’t like being monitored.
- To track a user’s location in real-time, you need to activate GPS service and make sure that the signal is strong.
PhoneSheriff offers only two subscription packages: for 6 months ($49) and 1 year ($89). The price is quite affordable, especially taking into consideration all the features that you get. However, if you are not happy with some features/overall app performance, it will be hard to get your money back. Moreover, if you fail to jailbreak the targeted phone or if your child resets the settings, no refund will be issued. The company has a very strict refund policy, so it is extremely hard to get your money back.
PhoneSheriff is a good alternative for parental monitoring as it offers many useful features. However, the app does not operate in a stealth mode, so your kid will be constantly reminded that he or she is being spied on. Furthermore, the app can be installed only on jailbroken devices and may stop working after a full reset.